One of my favorite bloggers to read is Valeria Maltoni. Some great insight into a variety of topics. Tripped across one of her posts over on Blog Herald. Here are her five things a blogger can do to generate respect.
- Make innovation part of your creative habit; put aside some time every day for “what if” thinking.
- Reward the hard questions. When a reader challenges your
thinking, take that as an opportunity to address their questions, make
sure they know they’re heard. You get respect when you give it.
- Work on the quality of your writing constantly. Practice,
practice, and then practice some more. It’s also a good idea to read a
lot. Read the classics; read good writing.
- Think design as container of experience. How can you have a visual impact? How can you communicate your value through design?
- Be transparent and trustworthy. Conduct a personal audit regularly to keep yourself honest.
A very challenging list. I know I’ve got a book or two in me. I’ve already bought the domain names. How to execute? I think these two posts are probably at the root.
Check ’em out. What do you think?