What if you’re interested in reaching a larger audience? Or having more impact? Or doing something beyond what you’re able to do now? Who isn’t? Believe me, there are lots of organizations that are only about preserving what they have. But if you’re one that wants to get better, then these questions that drive organizational progress (from A Prepared Mind) will be an advantage:
- Where are we? An honest assessment of your starting point is important.
- Where do we want to go? Think about destination.
- How do we get from where we are to where we want to be? Sometimes talking out and then writing out your plan will reveal gaps in your logic.
- What assumptions are we making about our situation? Digging around and really questioning the validity of your assumptions will payoff.
- How is our opportunity space changing? What is on the horizon? What new problems? What new challenges? What hints of possibilities are there?
What else is involved? One of my earlier posts might help: Learning from Non-Customers